Friday, January 17, 2014

My 24 Day Challenge...Day 7

I'm not completely sure what to say, or where to start, so I'll say this sucks and it's great. It sucks because there is nothing subtle about the changes we are forced to make. It's great because it's working. It's win or go home, and you have to be willing to accept that reality. Without giving numbers, for fear that lady karma will take a chunk out of my backside, I will tell you I've been at it seven days, and I've lost every day. You do the math. 

When deciding how best to communicate my journey to those of you hopeless, or bored, enough to read it, I've concluded it's most effective to let my daily notes do the talking. Lady and gentleman, I give you the first week of my AdvoCare 24 day challenge, as it has profoundly impacted and affected my life. Pardon me while I go drink a gallon of water with my leafy brunch...

Day 1- Starting weight ___ (nice try). A lot of changes; hard to drink so much water; cheated at the end and finished my Oreos (what are you gonna do?).
Day 2- Weighed in at ___. I can see how people give up; a little confusing on "cans/cant's"; a little shaky, but snacks help.
Day 3- ___. Gotta remember herbal cleanse tablets at bedtime (when I leave for work); done with nasty fiber drink for 5 whole days (watery granules in a juice pitcher with a hint of lemon and 3M fine/medium grit sandpaper).
Day 4- ___. Staying the course. Remember pills!!!
Day 5- ___. Averaging __+ lbs loss per day; over personal starting goal of __ per day; good start; remain diligent (this all sounds very inspiring, but it's a struggle to read my own writing from the tremors in my hands).
Day 6- ___. Everything going pretty well; managing portions getting easier; night shift messing with me; __ lbs to date!!
Day 7- Kicking butt and taking names; stay focused (which is made increasingly difficult since I've misplaced my reading glasses)!!

This is my life. This is my new reality. Seven days in, and the temptations are waning. That does not mean I won't fall apart and begin to binge tomorrow, but I do see the tangible benefits, and there is a more absolute purpose to what I'm doing here. For me, it's about longevity and increasing the quality of that time. I want to tackle new challenges and fulfill promise to myself, while serving others. This is one of the reasons I've chosen to run the mini marathon here in Indianapolis; to dedicate my life to more frequent, greater, experiences and to share those experiences with my family and friends.

Life has owned me for a very long time and I'm here to tell you, I'm taking it back. We get one go around (well, except Shirley MacLaine, perhaps), and I'm choosing to do more with mine, for as long as My Maker will allow. Here's to the next seven days of this magnificent journey...

$4.17 a day/13.1,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment