Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm Baaaa-ccck!!

'Back from where, exactly?' 
'Were you deployed, or in prison?' 
'Were you on sabbatical, or on one of these pilgrimages I've been reading so much about?' 
"No, life just got in the way."
'How exactly does "life" get in the way?' 'Isn't life just...life?'
"Well yes, but, there's the kids and school obligations, therapy appointments and practice; and then there's the matter of sleep."
'So, basically all of the things that you used to write about, that the dozens, okay, dozen or so of us enjoyed reading about so much; these things got in your way?' 
'You're not Steinbeck, or Hemingway, Grisham, or King.' 'You are what you are, and you need to learn to accept that, get over yourself and move on.'
"Yes, but..."
'But, nothing.' 
'Write your little blog snippets, that were so "Therapeutic" in the beginning, give both of us our laughs, and then go live.' 
'Keep creating the experiences that translate fairly well into the electronic medium, do all of the things that require your attention and proper prioritization, and then come back and share.' 
'Share with us the events that affect us all on a daily basis, that seem so important at the time, and mostly turn into fodder for this page.' 
'We need that.' 
'It keeps us all "sane"; and that was your motivation from the outset, right?'
"Okay, I will. I will resolve to make more of an effort; to put script to the page in order to satisfy some sadistic fantasy you all may share." "I will dedicate myself to being more consistent with my submissions, so that even one crazy life may be altered as a result." 
"Most importantly, I will do it for myself; as an outlet, and a means of reflection." "I will write down the things that impact our lives every day, week and month; happy, sad, good and bad." 
"I will attempt to convey these emotions as clearly, if not concisely, as possible." "I will write both as an avenue of remembrance, and an oath to never forget." "Thank you...all."

And with that...I'm back.

Until tomorrow(ish),

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment